Thursday, February 16, 2012

Top Ten Reasons People Haven't Read Their Bibles

10. "I don't read my Bible because I don't know where to start."

9. "I don't read my Bible because I can't find what I want in the Bible."

8. "Well, I don't read the Bible because the Bible doesn't confirm what I already believe."

7. "I hear it at church, why do I need to read it for myself?"

6. "You know what, the language of the Bible just doesn't make sense to me, so I don't read my Bible."

5. "You know the Bible's such a big book, I could never read it all."

4. "You know, the Bible isn't relevant to my life. If it were relevant to me, I'd be happy to read it, but it just doesn't have anything to say to me."

3. "The Bible's boring. It wasn't written to me anyway. Why should I read it?"

2. "Bible reading is not a priority in my life."

1. "I'd read my Bible but I don't have time."

[Back to the Bible]

The average Bible is 1200-1500 pages long. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is about 1200 pages long (1500 once you add the Hobbit) 86% of British people that start the LOTR finish it. LOTR is the #1 book that British people lie about having read. I am not saying, I am just saying.

You know you can read half the books of the Bible in less than 30 minutes each. Half of the books of the Bible; 26 of them can be read in less than 15 minutes each. In a Yankelovich study, 27 percent are frequent Bible readers. Thirty percent of infrequent Bible readers and 60 percent of non-Bible readers all said they were satisfied with the amount of time they spent reading the Bible. Sixty percent of non-readers said, "I'm satisfied not reading it at all." Now that's honesty. It's also a travesty. It's why we don't know what God wants for us in our lives; we've never read God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment