Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Oldest Son is Five

I wrote the following, 9/30/06, the day after my first son was born.

Elijah Nathaniel Autry was born yesterday 7lb 10oz 20 inches. My wife is a trooper. She went through 20 hours of labor and a c-section. C-sections are not all bad. They gave me my boy, whom I love dearly and granted him the ablity to kill a Shakespearean villain.

MACBETH
Thou losest labour: (5.8.8)As easy mayst thou the intrenchant airWith thy keen sword impress as make me bleed:Let fall thy blade on vulnerable crests;I bear a charmed life, which must not yield, (5.8.12)To one of woman born. 
MACDUFF 
Despair thy charm; (5.8.13)And let the angel whom thou still hast servedTell thee, Macduff was from his mother's wombUntimely ripp'd. (5.8.16)

No comments:

Post a Comment