Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Quotes XII (Mostly Attributed Jerry Quotes)

RIP Jerry.

Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them. – Jerry Falwell Crossfire (17 May 1997)

If the American Atheists Society or Saddam Hussein himself ever sent an unrestricted gift to any of my ministries, be assured I will operate on Billy Sunday's philosophy: The Devil's had it long enough, and quickly cash the check. - Jerry Falwell Christianity Today (9 February 1998)

I would never blame any human being except the terrorists, and if I left that impression with gays or lesbians or anyone else, I apologize. – Jerry Falwell CNN (14 September 2001)

And the fact that John Kerry would not support a federal marriage amendment [prohibiting gay marriage], it equates in our minds as someone 150 years ago saying I'm personally opposed to slavery, but if my neighbor wants to own one or two that's OK. We don't buy that. – Jerry Falwell CNN : Anderson Cooper 360 Degrees (3 November 2004)

Civil rights for all Americans, black, white, red, yellow, the rich, poor, young, old, gay, straight, et cetera, is not a liberal or a conservative value. It’s an American value that I would think that we pretty much all agree on. – Jerry Falwell "The Situation with Tucker Carlson" on MSNBC (5 August 2005)

Today the world has gone sex crazy. Illicit sex has become the downfall of many in the Bible. Movie stars not married to each other, having babies and making headlines all over the world as though they were doing some great thing. Big deal! Just another moral pervert. And for them to become heroes for our kids. My wife and I will be married 49 years the next anniversary. – Jerry Falwell

Thank God for these gay demonstrators. If I didn't have them, I'd have to invent them. They give me all the publicity I need. –Jerry Falwell As quoted by Falwell's ghostwriter Mel White in "Religion, Politics a Potent Mix for Jerry Falwell" by Steve Inskeep in Morning Edition on NPR (30 June 2006)

Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers. – Jerry Falwell

I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status. – Jerry Falwell

No comments:

Post a Comment