Friday, August 9, 2013

Gonna ignore this?

  • I do sleep through three hour movies.
  • I really don't cuss, but I find that people cry out to God as much as they swear. (God knows, Lord have mercy, God damn it, Our Father who art in heaven...) One could argue that this is largely cultural or taking the Lord's name in vain, but I would argue that most of our profanity in general is rooted in a Christian western culture. Also, how is "God damn it", "Bless his heart", "Lord help us" any more vapid than a "Trust God", "Hallelujah", or any other Christianese that comes off our tongues?
  • I think Twain pointed out pretty well the enigma that is a worship service. Worship services involve us doing things that are so counter to our weekly life. Outside of church, how often does one sing out loud with other people for fifteen minutes at a time? Still how does one worship a celebrity? One doesn't serenade them generally or follow their commandments. God receives far more worship than any celebrity.
  • If God wrote a facebook meme and commanded a repost then maybe it might be denying God. However, I will repost it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment