Monday, October 17, 2011

One of my favorite Sudeikis moments

Tom Hanks: Uh, so anyway - [ looks to the side of the audience ] oh, uh, yes. Yes, you have a question, your Holiness?

Pope Benedict XVI: [ speaks in a Latin accent ]

Tom Hanks: Oh, oh. This is in Latin. Okay.

Pope Benedict XVI: [ speaks in Latin, with subtitles ] "I wrote this script about a priest and a movie star who team up to fight crime. Do you think you could take a look at it?"

Tom Hanks: Oh! Oh, of course. Sure!

Pope Benedict XVI: [ speaks in Latin, with subtitles ] "You'd be perfect as the movie star, and as for the priest, I'm thinking Vince Vaughn."

Tom Hanks: [ speaks back in Latin ] "You might want to contact Ron Howard at opie299@compuserve.com." [ looks among the audience ] Uh - oh, yes. Dear Lord!

Jason Sudeikis: [ dressed as Jesus ] Mr. Hanks. I saw your film, and I just want you know that I forgive you.

Tom Hanks: So, you don't have a problem with "The Da Vinci Code"?

Jason Sudeikis: No, I haven't seen that. I was forgiving you for making "The Terminal."

Tom Hanks: Come on! That was a delightful movie!

Jason Sudeikis: Oh, come on! It should have been called "Interminal", huh? Tom Hanks: Ah ha, very funny.

Jason Sudeikis: Seriously! I saw it on an airplane, and people were still walking out!

Tom Hanks: Alright, alright, yeah, okay. You're one of the new cast members, aren't you? What is it - Sudeikis, right?

Jason Sudeikis: Uh - yeah.

Tom Hanks: Yeah, you know Steven Spielberg directed "The Terminal"?

Jason Sudeikis: Uh - yeah, I was aware of that.

Tom Hanks: Wow. So, you're taking on both the Son of Man and Steven Spielberg in the same show.

Jason Sudeikis: [ chuckles nervously ] No, no, no, what I meant was, uh -- [ begins to peel his fake beard off ]

Tom Hanks: I hope that works for you. I'm sure we'll see you in September! Anyway - Anthony, Flea, John, Chad - Red Hot Chili Peppers! are here. Stick around, we'll be right back! 
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/05/05qmono.phtml

No comments:

Post a Comment