Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Quotes XXVI

We must be with him in his Word, we must follow him even if we are not sure of the final destination, we must live by his teaching (which means we must know those teachings well), and we must imitate him whenever we can. In other words everything becomes secondary in life to being like him. ~ Ray Vander Laan I am not sure how I feel about Laan, he assumes that 1st century Rabbinical culture is very close to the kind written in the Talmud two hundred years later. I have read one source that disagrees, I think. But Laan is right on the principle, even if not on the history.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. ~ C.S. Lewis Yes I watch cartoons and read comics. Lewis would too.

Nobody writes jokes in base 13. ~ Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment