Saturday, October 8, 2011

Profiteering Off of the Prophet: The Unfortunate Case of Ergun Caner


Profiteering Off of the Prophet: The Unfortunate Case of Ergun Caner by Nicolas G. Mumejian

Caner, recalling his youth, preached in a November 2001 sermon at the First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, “May I submit to you, until I was 15 years old I was in the Islamic youth jihad. And so until I came to America, until I found Jesus Christ as Lord, I was trained to do that which was done on 11 September. As were thousands of youth.” In the same sermon at First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, Caner went on to say “I was raised as a Sunni Muslim . . . I was the son of the muezzin, the one who does the call to prayer at the top of the minaret,” Caner continued by describing himself as being comparable to a “preacher's kid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment